Friday, June 4, 2010

My Reel: Short Film - A Pair of Happiness

A short film I acted in Jan 2010 for Andrea Lim's final year project from Temasek Polytechnic Design School.

During their screening, one of her classmates cried, something had struck a chord with her. I'm so touched to hear that, cause that's one main thing I hope to achieve as an actress/singer - impact people through my performance. =)

***
Synopsis:

The death of her parents brought them together, the only family that Amy has left is her grandfather, Lim Hock. Amy, now a grown woman, is stepping forward into a new phase of her life, marriage.

Since the death of his wife, Lim Hock, has always lived alone. After decades of solitude later, he now faces the challenge of expressing his love, for his only granddaughter.

As the misunderstandings build up, how can the two seek to save their only kin? - each other.


2 comments:

girlgeum said...

"Happiness is not the absence of conflict but the ability to cope with it." Unknown

I love the words "a pair" in the title. Who decides our happiness? Is it a single emotion that depends on us, or do we try to find it in others?

I got the feeling that there was a touch of sadness in him making shoes because he was still missing someone he loves.

Your acting, not overly done.

Shannon Zann Su said...

Nice quote =)

Do we pursuit happiness? Or does happiness find us? Or perhaps, happiness is all around us, waiting to be discovered?

Thanks girl, im still pretty much a newbie and always learning and honing my skills =)