Friday, September 10, 2010

Of Durian, Chestnuts, Filming and Gadget

My eyelids are drooping low now cause I was tossing and turning in bed for 2 hours last night, before I finally got up and started editing photo collages till 6.45am and caught about 5 hours of sleep.

Still editing Toy's 3rd of 4th script for the 3rd book, which has a hypnotic effect, thus I shall update with some photos for the past week.

***

 31.08.2010 / Tuesday

Had a durian feast with some of December Rains crew at 717 Trading / 727 Cakerie (22 Yio Chu Kang Rd Highland Centre)!

L-R: Yonglin, Meijun (Mel), Jingyi, me

***

02.09.2010 / Thursday

Watched Chestnuts with some December Rains peeps. And of cause Judee Tan (who played Mengyu in DR) is really good in her 2nd season of Chestnuts 3D: Fried Monty aka Nightmare on GLEE Street! I saw her youtube video of last year's run, 12 Days of Ris-Mas, on youtube and her impersonation of Ris Low is super convincing! And I love her voice too, sweet and also powerful.

L-R: Me, Fion Quek, Judee Tan, Jae Leung, Priscilla Lim

***

03.09.2010 / Friday

Filmed for Mediacorp Channel 8, a scene in upcoming drama 查某人 (I think it's just a working title for now).

TV and stage acting are quite different, in terms of the energy levels, expressions, body movements etc. At this point of my career, I personally prefer stage performing that wee bit more, mainly due to its live nature where you have to be really alert and on the ball. The kind of satisfaction derived from completing a live performance is just different from wrapping up a shoot.

TV acting has its joy too, getting to perfect a particular expression and emotion, being able to see your final product on screen etc. I guess... It's just a different kind of satisfaction.


From top left clockwise: 


1) one of the crew member holding a mic towards me cause he needs to record 
my voice. 
Yeah, this time round, my lines should not be cut!

2) Me and the very friendly Cavin Soh 苏志诚, former Dreamz FM 《梦飞船》 
member. 

3) The very talented Michelle Chong 庄米雪 and me

4) Cynthia Koh 许美珍 and me

Top: Filming in progess
Bottom: The sweet Apple Hong 洪乙心 and me

The friendly bunch of girls who transformed to become Tai Tais in the scene!


***

04.09.2010 / Saturday

I went to Comex 2010 and bought a Western Digital external harddisk! I've been wanting to get one since ages but was waiting for prices to drop with each electronics show. This 1 TB baby costs $109.90, down from a couple of years back where a 250 GB set me back by $199! 

In this aspect, I am so a man. I love gadgets and electronics, though I don't necessarily own every other piece of new machine, simply cause my wallet is not overflowing with gold, pink or orange notes. Actually, I don't necessarily know all the IT jargons and how things work in an equipment too, I just love to use them.


I also stayed a night at Fairmont Hotel 2 weekends ago, which were the main photos I was editing in the wee hours earlier. Just need to get a few more photos from my buddy's Google Nexus before the whole adventure will be complete. That was a fabulous experience and I hope to upload soon!

No comments: