Friday, April 30, 2010

Smile for Oral B!

Did a photoshoot for Oral B yesterday, and if you saw my twitter/facebook status, there were so many gorgeous angmohs, both male and female!

I was quite worried that I couldn't smile much as my allergic-ed/burned lips were still tight and crusting slightly at the edges. Really thankful that when the shoot started, I managed to smile widely! Afterall, it's for Oral B, which means beautiful teeth!

The photographer was mainly on a tall ladder, shooting from a high angle down, so it didn't really matter if the taller models were in front of the shorter ones, I think the art director was more concerned about the ethnicities (caucasians vs locals), gender, dressing (if we had lab coat on or off, short or long sleeves). However, at one point, he decided to take a few steps down the ladder for a different perspective, and thus the shorter models have to find a space in front so as not to be blocked. I wore my 3.5 inch heels, which would have made me almost 177cm tall, but as I was standing at the back, I still found myself behind a sea of giants!

Anyway, I made a few (local) friends at the photoshoot, these are just 2 of them. The girl on the right is mixed, both are quite pretty too!

I saw the clock above the makeup area and I simply love it!

The numbers and hands are painted white too and blended in with the wall!


During the shoot, I was 'indignant', how can one be born SOOOOOOOOOOO good-looking! There was especially this girl who looked really exotic, a few other caucasians who had real beautiful features, tall and lanky with excellent figures! *jealous*

Ah well, actually I've come to love myself through Jesus, and though I admire their ravishing looks and all, I'm not discouraged nor will think poorly of myself. In 2007, there was a period of time when I was really sad and felt that I look horrible and lamented to God why I am not born prettier. On 2 different occasions, I prayed and whined to God about it, and both times, during the next day, 2 different girls under my charge (I was a social worker working with youths) simply walked up to me and told me "jiejie, you are very beautiful leh". Something they had never said before.

I knew God was assuring me and telling me that I am beautiful in His eyes, for:

"He has made everything beautiful in His time" - Ecclesiastes 3:11

"For God so loved the world (me), that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life" - John 3:16

I slowly came to realise and truly believe in my heart that my anchor is in God, that what matters most is what He thinks of me and not what this world says of me. =)

No comments: