Friday, May 21, 2010

Cody Rock and the Quest for the Macguvitonium - Part 1

Wooohoo! Just got news 5 mins ago that the Okto kids sci fi series I did is airing starting 25th May at 8pm! It will also be repeated on Sunday 11am.

Visit Cody Rock at http://okto.sg/codyrock/

My role is Pyriss, the main antagonist in the show. I appear in the last few minutes of Episode 1, Episode 2, and last few episodes I think. It's a 10 episodes drama. Will update again on facebook!

And sigh, I have no idea why they put my dialect name (Soh Yee Chen) on the website.. Have requested for them to change, hopefully it can be done soon..

Since it's airing in a couple of days, I have decided to pick out some photos from the tons that I took during the shoot in Kuching!

I arrived 2 days later than everyone as I had other commitments on the original flight date. Alicia, the producer for Monstrou Studio, was really nice to make alternative arrangements for me.

Perman Jungle Resort - My home for 1 week

Eeeew, what greeted me was a huge spider the size of my palm..

Our Jungle Hut

Living room inside the hut

1 of 2 bedrooms inside the hut. The hut can sleep a total of 6-8 people

There is another cool type of accommodation which we didn't get to stay - Tree House.

My Day 2 and it's shooting time! Just a partial sneak preview of my imaging, just in case I can't reveal much prior to airing! It's freaking hot in the leather jacket, jeans and boots, but thank God it was raining for the first few nights, and sometimes day when I was there, thus the weather was still quite cool.

Ooops, my boots' soles became crocodile and Roy, the creative director, had to find ways to shut them up. Tape now, and then contact glue the next day..

Crew - Art director reviewing footage, I think

"Wah Gor" (Brother Wah) - Director of photography

Shooting by the beach

Shooting by the rocks

The crew working under the harsh elements of nature - the over-zealous sun, sometimes the furious sea..

.. and the bawling sky..

Pui Yee, the super stressed production assistant

Elle - the terribly tired make-up artist because she is the first to wake up to start doing make-up for all the actors on call that day. Which usually I'm the first on her schedule since my image takes the longest to paint.

Actors get a break in-between scenes, but crew has to work during all the scenes!

Have to prepare for a shoot soon so I shall continue part 2 of photos in the next couple of days. If you want to be updated in real time, either subscribe to my blog through RSS feed or click follow me, all on the right sidebar! =)

No comments: